Michelle and Doug show the followers Swivels on a swingout.
This is one common way of doing the Swivels also known as the twists. The Swivels are the most famous followers styling in Lindy Hop and there are many different styles and ways of doing them.
Notes for Follows:
– Make sure that you do not pull on your leaders arm while performing the swivels.
– Make sure that you still come forwards towards your leader on counts 2 till 4.
– Try to make sure that your upper body still faces your leaders as much as possible even though your hips are twisting.
Teachers: Michelle Searle Doug Van Sant Swivels
*If you are totally new to the swing scene you can check out the Comprehensive free instructional video offered by www.SwingStep.com. One of them is a basic Charleston video the other is a basic Lindy Hop video.
This is part of our Fundamentals Lindy Hop Course. You can join the learning program now and start a progressive way to learn a new Lindy Hop Fundamental move every week. We selected for you only the best high quality video of moves.
Various vintage jazz steps
Lucy shows some more various vintage jazz moves.
The moves in this video are:
– Tacky annie.
– Mess around.
– Boogie forward.
– Fish tail.
– Cool breeze in the knees.
– Fall of the log.
– Suzy Q.
– Boogie drop.
– Pivot walk.
– Box step also known as the jazz square.
– Heel toe.
Follow the instructions in the video.
Teacher: Lucy Falkner
The song used is “Cole Slaw (Sorghum Switch)” by Jesse Stone and you can find it on the iTunes store.
This is part of our Solo Jazz Steps course.