Swing out from open position
Kirk and Nicole show a swingout from open position.
At this point you should start to mix these following moves together.
The moves in this video are:
- Lindy Circle from closed position.
- Swingout from closed position.
- Lindy Circle from open position.
- Swingout from open position starting with a rock-step.
- Mixing the Lindy Circle and Swingout moves (which are 8 count moves) with some 6 count moves.
Leaders don’t pull your follower in harshly in on the swingout from open, and keep your left arm relaxed through the whole move.
Followers, match your leader’s relaxed left arm so that your right arm also stays relaxed through the whole move.
Teachers: Kirk Tarou and Nicole Frydman
*If you are totally new to the swing scene you can check out the Comprehensive free instructional video offered by www.SwingStep.tv. One of them is a basic Charleston video the other is a basic Lindy Hop video.
This is part of our Fundamentals Lindy Hop Course. You can join the learning program now and start a progressive way to learn a new Lindy Hop Fundamental move every week. We selected for you only the best high quality video of moves.