ATTENTION THIS COMPETITION IS OVER.
WINNERS OF THIS YEARS GREEN DRAGON COMPETITION ARE:
Pavli & Peter from the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
Lindyhopmoves.com and Dragon Swing have joined forces for the second time to bring you the Green Dragon Teaching and Choreography Competition. The winners will receive a full pass to Dragon Swing 2013, free housing and meals for the duration, and take home the Green Dragon Trophy(See the details of its creation!). Winners will also have the opportunity to teach and perform their choreography at the event. The winners will also be featured on
Lindyhopmoves.com and their routine could be studied and performed anywhere in
This year the Dragon Swing Lindy Hop Festival will take place November 20th to 24th of November 2013 in Krakow, Poland.
You have until the 10th of October to make a submission for a chance to win.
How to win the ticket?
Step 1 – Like us
Like our facebook page (click one of the like botton you find around this page)
Step 2 – Record an instructional Video
Record an instructional video with an original solo or partner choreography that is at least 4 phrases long(swing pharsing, 16x8counts) but no longer than 3 minutes total (either swing or blues phrasing).
NOTE: the instructional video itself where the routine is taught can be up to 15min long.
Step 3 – Upload
Upload the video to your youtube account and send the link to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the title: Dragon Swing 2013 Competition – ‘your name’
Deadline to send in the video link is 10th of October 2013.
Step 4. – Send it to us before the 10th of October 2013.
- The routine has to be an original routine. (We have eyes and ears everywhere.)
- Make sure that in the description of the video you include the name and artist of the song you are using (you can also say it in the video itself.)
- If your routine is inspired by someone or something please mention this at the beginning of the video.
- Make sure that your video stays online at least until the Dragon Swing event otherwise your ticket will become invalid. (Of course we hope that you keep the video online forever.)
Step 5. – If your video wins the competition
– If you win the competition to claim your prize you will have to send a hard copy of the video to lindyhopmoves.com via dropbox for example. This is so that Lindyhopmoves.com can upload it to the lindyhopmoves channel on youtube and from there post it on our website.
You must submit the application by the 10th of October 2013.
If the routine is a Solo routine performed and choregraphed by one person the prize is 1 pass + the extras but if the winning routine is a partnered routine or a solo routine performed by two people the prize is one pass for each of the two people invloved + all the extras.
The winner will be announced no later than the 20th of October 2013 on our Facebook page and contacted by email.
Take a look at last years winning routine for some inspiration here:
More information on the Dragon Swing Event here
Judging of this competition will be detrmined by relative placement by a panel of 5 judges::
– Tomasz Przytycki (From the Dragon Swing crew)
– Claudio Santori (From the LindyHopMoves.com crew)
– Katja Uckerman (From the international Lindy scene)
– Audun Kveberg (Last year’s Green Dragon winner)
– Charlotte Skajaa (Last year’s Green Dragon winner)
Dragon Swing 2012 routine
Audun and Charlotte show their winning Dragon Swing 2012 routine.
Check out the Dragon Swing Festival in Poland here:
1. Run through, full tempo.
2. Break down with counts, from the back.
3. Break down with counts, from the front.
4. Run through, slow tempo, from the back.
5. Run through, slow tempo, from the front.
Teachers: Audun Kveberg & Charlotte Skajaa
The routine is danced to the song “When you’re smiling” by The Blue Vipers of Brooklyn of their album Forty Days and Forty Nights.
Back to Jazz Routines
This is part of our Jazz Routines Course.
You can join the learning program now and start a progressive way to learn all the most famous and performed Jazz Routines.