Swing out with Outside Turns and Swivels
Audrey and Brian show a Swingout with an Outside Turn and Swivels for the follower.
The moves in this video are:
– Swingout with Outside turn free spin.
– Swingout with Outside turn (regular).
– Swingout with Outside turn free spin and spin for leader.
– Swingout with Swivels for the follow.
– Sequence with break moves. 1. Mess Around. 2. Boogie Down (also known as Boogie Drop)
Leaders: in a Swingout with Outside Turn, never pull on your follower’s right hand with your left hand in the turn – this is dangerous and can result in injury.
Followers: make sure that when you do your Swivels at the end of a Swing out and beginning of a new Swing out that you try to give the leader the same kind of feeling as when you do a normal rock step at the beginning of a Swingout on counts 1 and 2.
Teachers: Audrey Kanemoto and Brian Zimmer
*If you are totally new to the swing scene you can check out the Comprehensive free instructional video offered by www.SwingStep.com. One of them is a basic Charleston video the other is a basic Lindy Hop video.