Solo Body Movement
Shauna shows Solo Body Movement for basic Lindy Hop and Charleston movements.
The movements in this video are:
– A triple step back and forward basic
– 30s Charleston basic
– “Jojo” Charleston variation also known as the push-out
– Charleston 180 also known as the traveling Charleston
– Charleston 360 also sometimes known as around the world Charleston
– Charleston Lolly kick also known as skip ups
– Charleston Kick away
– Triple step hand to hand
– Solo tuck turn body movement
Take care to use your arms in opposition in most of the movements. This is a fundamental part of good solo body movement in swing dancing.
Notice: what Shauna calls a back step and a front step is also commonly known as rock steps.