We will guide you through an easy learning experience and in a few months you will be ready to join the Intermediate Lindy Hop program to refine your technique and learn more advanced stuff. Stick with the program and we promise you are going to have so much fun learning.
Join the newsletter at the bottom of this page and we will send you a new move every week and give you challenging but still easy variations that you can try at home, in class and on the social floor.
If you are totally new to the swing scene you can check out the Comprehensive free instructional video offered by www.SwingStep.com. One of them is a basic Charleston video the other is a basic Lindy Hop video.
Fundamental Lindy Hop Moves
- 1. Basic positions and weight changes
- 2. Fundamental posture & footwork
- 3. Basic footwork + simple patterns
- 4. Beginner basic movements + Lindy Circle
- 5. Hand Hold in Swing dancing
- 6. Basic Charleston (+ Kick Through)
- 7. 30s Charleston + Skip Up (a.k.a Kick the Dog)
- 8. Swing Dance Partnering
- 9. Lindy Hop basic figures & technique
- 10. More Lindy Hop basic moves
- 11. Basic 6-count moves
- 12. Fundamental 6-count rhythm & basic moves
- 13. 6-count rhythm basics with more moves
- 14. Send-out from closed position
- 15. Left Side Pass
- 16. A few 6-count figures
- 17. Review of fundamental 8-count moves
- 18. How to Lead Triple Steps
- 19. Double Tuck Turn from closed
- 20. Basic Swingout
- 21. Swingout footwork for leaders
- 22. Swingout footwork for follows
- 23. Swingout technique
- 24. Basic Swingout review
- 25. Swingout from open position
- 26. Lindy Circle
- 27. 20s Charleston with variation
- 28. Tandem Charleston basic
- 29. Swing out from open position
- 30. 6 count variations
- 31. Swingout with outside turn
- 32. Triple steps and rock steps
- 33. Swingout technique
- 34. Swingout Clinic
- 35. Swivels
- 36. Lindy Hop Basket
- 37. Basic Tandem Charleston
If you feel like you already know this material you can jump to the intermediate lindy hop course.
If you haven’t already checked out the Comprehensive free instructional video offered by www.SwingStep.com. We recommend you do so as it covers alot of good technique on leading and following.
This is part of our Fundamentals Lindy Hop Course. You can join the learning program now and start a progressive way to learn a new Lindy Hop Fundamental move every week. We selected for you only the best high quality video of moves.